Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Apathy Night

Tonight we had youth ministry for our 7th and 8th graders.We used an idea from my youth pastor friend Dylan that. Tonight he was going to do "apathy night". It was an idea he got from the "Ideas Library" that is put out by Youth Specialties. By the way it is a very good resource for YPers. Anyway so I thought I would give it a try this week too. The whole idea is to do pretty much the whole night apathetic. So, I had all my youth leaders dress apathetic. Basically dress like you don't care what you look like. We did boring apathetic activities like staring contest and reading the dictionary and phone book in monotone. The students couldn't be excited about anything or they had to wear a box over their head till they got apathetic again. We played apathetic games like air on a spoon instead of egg on a spoon "because I wasn't in the mood to buy eggs". By the end of it al the students were pretty sick of it. Then we talked about Rev 3:15-20 about our faith not being lukewarm. I wasn't really sure how the night went over, however the leaders said that it was pretty powerful. So that's cool.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger maria said...

Was a good idea for the meeting.

Marie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home